DSA with keylength > 1024 no longer accepted

Seán Coffey sean.coffey at oracle.com
Thu Jan 15 10:28:46 UTC 2015

Hi Peter,

security-dev is best mailing list to discuss this issue, I'm cc'ing that
list and bcc'ing off jdk7u-dev.

Are you hitting this issue with JDK 8 and later ? (I'll assume so) -
You've hit https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8039921
To aid compatibility, it's been decided to relax that restriction from
8u60 and later. See comments in bug report around use of SHA1 and SHA2
and the length of keys that should be used in each operation.

Hope that helps.
regards,
Sean.