[9] RFR: 8042967: Add variant of DSA Signature algorithms that do not ASN.1 encode the signature bytes

Sean Mullan sean.mullan at oracle.com
Fri Jan 23 18:21:33 UTC 2015

Hi Jason,

Just a few comments:

* DOMSignatureMethod

- If setParameter throws an exception, I think we should fallback and
try the old code. This will allow 3rd party JCE providers to continue to
work until they update their implementations to support the new
ParameterSpec.

* DSA, ECDSASignature, P11Signature

- engineSetParameter should throw InvalidParameterException if the enum
is neither ASN1 nor P1363

* SignatureFormatParameterSpec

- can you add a sentence describing what each format is, ex: for ASN.1:
"An ASN.1 sequence of two INTEGER values: r and s, in that order:
SEQUENCE ::= { r INTEGER, s INTEGER }". For P1363, "an octet-encoding of
r and s, in that order."

* TestECDSA, TestDSA2

- can you add an @bug 8042967 to each of these tests, since you are
extending them to test this new format.

- can you also add a test which uses the
SignatureFormatParameterSpec.ASN1 enum (by passing it to setParameter)?

--Sean