[Update]: JEP 249 (OCSP Stapling for TLS)

Xuelei Fan xuelei.fan at oracle.com
Wed Jul 1 03:52:13 UTC 2015

src/java.base/share/classes/sun/security/ssl/SSLSessionImpl.java
Minor comment:

Not necessary, but in order to indicate the initialization, better to
set statusResponses variable to null explicitly in the constructor.

-----------
line 564-569

The comment does not apply here now.  You may forgot to remove this
comment.

-----------
 570   if ((cipherSuite.keyExchange == K_KRB5) ||
 571       (cipherSuite.keyExchange == K_KRB5_EXPORT) ||
 572        statusResponses == null || statusResponses.isEmpty()) {

There are situations other than KRB5 that do not use certificate-base
authentication.  The call should take care of the situations when
setting the statusResponses value.  The statusResponses should not be
set if it does not apply.  It's enough to check statusResponses only:
       if (statusResponses == null || statusResponses.isEmpty()) {

src/java.base/share/classes/sun/security/ssl/ServerHandshaker.java
Minor comment:

59   // The default amount of time the handshaker will wait ...
60   private static final long DEFAULT_STATUS_RESP_DELAY = 5000;

I think the unit is millisecond.  Nice to indicate the time unit.

Need to update handshake states.

 964  csMsg.write(output);
+     handshakeState.update(csMsg, resumingSession);
 965  responseMap = null;

Xuelei