RFR 7191662: JCE providers should be located via ServiceLoader

Valerie Peng valerie.peng at oracle.com
Thu Jun 4 21:58:57 UTC 2015

Build experts,

Can you please review the make file related change, i.e. the new file
make/gensrc/Gensrc-java.naming.gmk, in the following webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~valeriep/7191662/webrev.03

This is for merging the java.security.Provider file from various
providers and use the (merged) result for the final image build.

Thanks,
Valerie

On 6/3/2015 10:27 AM, Valerie (Yu-Ching) Peng wrote:

> Correct, if the makefile related changes are removed then no need for
> build team to review 7191662 webrev anymore.
> There are other discussions ongoing and we should be able to reach a
> decision in a day or two.
> Will update the list again.
> Thanks,
> Valerie
>
> On 06/01/15 16:39, Magnus Ihse Bursie wrote:
>> On 2015-05-29 00:10, Valerie Peng wrote:
>>>
>>> Please find comments in line...

>>> Yes, we exchanged emails after this above one. I will follow up your
>>> latest one later today.

>>> Sure, I can remove the META-INF files so the providers are loaded
>>> through the legacyLoad().
>>> Hmm, the ProviderLoader.load() method is used by java.security file
>>> provider loading. Since the current list still uses class name, it
>>> should take class name when checking for matches while iterating
>>> through the list returned by ServiceLoader.
>>> This way, when changes are sync'ed into Jake, no extra change
>>> required and the providers will be loaded through
>>> ProviderLoader.load() automatically with the current list.

>>> Ok.
>>> Thanks,