RFR: 8072692: Improve performance of SecurityManager.checkPackageAccess

Weijun Wang weijun.wang at oracle.com
Wed Jun 17 00:42:26 UTC 2015

1478             final int plast = restrictedPkg.length() - 1;

Why is it named plast?

1494    //    - we check that restrictedPkg.length is pkg.length + 1,
1495    //    - we check that restrictedPkg starts with pkg,
1496    //    - and we check that the last character in restrictedPkg
1497    //      is '.'

Seems redundant. The check below is not difficult to read.

Also, is checking the "." at the end of restrictedPkg useful? On the one
hand we know every item in package.access should always end with it. On
the other hand, if someone really adds a "sun" there, the 1st part of
the check could go wrong (For example, "sunw" matches). IMHO, either we
don't check it at all (hoping property is always set correctly), or we
always check for it (cover both "sun.tail" and "sun").

Thanks
Max