RFR 8087157: PKCS11 provider not instantiated with security manager

Valerie Peng valerie.peng at oracle.com
Thu Jun 18 21:44:34 UTC 2015

Well, the othervm mode is needed not because of the cleanup/disable of
SecurityManager, but to ensure that SunPKCS11 provider is created under
a SecurityManager.

Without the othervm mode, the test will always pass even if the
necessary permission is not in java.policy because SunPKCS11 provider is
already created and present when this test is run. This is also a
surprise to me when I first run the regression test against the
before-fix java.policy and the test kept passing unexpectedly.

Valerie