RFR: JEP 249 (OCSP Stapling for TLS)

Xuelei Fan xuelei.fan at oracle.com
Thu Jun 25 04:32:43 UTC 2015

src/java.base/share/classes/sun/security/ssl/X509TrustManagerImpl.java

A key/trust manager would better to be immutable.

private final ThreadLocal<Validator> clientValidator ...
private final ThreadLocal<Validator> serverValidator ...

ThreadLocal does not work here for some circumstance.  In AIO
programming, multiple connections may share the same thread.  Better to
keep key/trust manager and validator immutable.

I think, using the status as a validate() method parameter, rather than
update the validator status should work.

Xuelei