[Update]: JEP 249 (OCSP Stapling for TLS)

Xuelei Fan xuelei.fan at oracle.com
Tue Jun 30 09:46:53 UTC 2015

src/java.base/share/classes/sun/security/ssl/HandshakeMessage.java

 676     private List<byte[]> encodedResponses = new ArrayList<>(4);

4 may be not the best estimate.  Maybe better to make the initialization
in the constructor.

---------------
line 713/714, 730/731 throws SSLHandshakeException for extension
constructor in server side.  That's unlikely to happen, I think.  I was
wondering, if CertificateStatus cannot be constructed, the server may
not want to send the message, rather than terminate the connection
immediately.

-------------
 674     private int encodedResponseLen;
s/encodedResponseLen/encodedResponsesLen

Suggest to add

--------------
 820                 if (respBytes != null) {
 821                     s.putBytes24(respBytes);
 822                 } else {
 823                     s.putBytes24(new byte[0]);
 824                 }

HandshakeOutStream.putBytes24() accepts null parameter.

line 827/828, unlikely to happen.  I would suggest you add a comment or
remove the lines.

Xuelei