[8u] request for review: 8062552 Support keystore type detection for JKS and PKCS12 keystores

Vincent Ryan vincent.x.ryan at oracle.com
Sat May 23 08:59:11 UTC 2015

The aim of this enhancement is to address a specific compatibility risk for JKS and
not to offer a general purpose mechanism for loading any keystore type. In general,
the keystore type should match the keystore file format.

In JDK 9 there is a new probe mechanism for keystores that is more similar to
what you are proposing. The advantage of that mechanism is that the keystore
type will exactly match the keystore file format.