Code Review Request JDK-8162362, Cannot enable previously default enabled cipher suites

Seán Coffey sean.coffey at oracle.com
Wed Aug 3 08:13:14 UTC 2016

Hi Xuelei,

Thanks for taking this one on. I think the approach looks good. Some
minor comments ..

Can we update bug description to something like "Introduce system
property to control enabled ciphersuites"
SSLContextImpl.java :

typo : getCustomizedCipehrSuites --> getCustomizedCipherSuites

line 432, if we're in debug mode, can we print the property name handed
in from application code ?
e.g. Something like this might appear : jdk.tls.client.cipherSuites
property set to : "SSL_RSA_WITH_DES_CBC_SHA"

For the testcase, would you mind testing the new value with multiple
comma separated values ?

e.g. -Djdk.tls.client.cipherSuites="unknown, SSL_RSA_WITH_DES_CBC_SHA,
unknown1, TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA"

On line 200, 205, I think you can then just change your test to a
String.contains("<cipher>") call.

Regards,
Sean.