[9] RFR 8164494: SunPKCS11-Solaris requires a non-empty PBE password

Weijun Wang weijun.wang at oracle.com
Sat Aug 20 00:30:52 UTC 2016

How about

   this.prf = (passwdBytes.length == 0) ?
       Mac.getInstance(prfAlgo, SunJCE.getInstance()) :
       Mac.getInstance(prfAlgo);

Mac is only implemented in SunPKCS11 and SunJCE out-of-box, so this
saves an extra getInstance() call.

If a 3rd party provider is involved, I'm not sure it supports an empty
password (I have a feeling that except for Java everyone else are using
the same C codes. Maybe not Microsoft), and this call is safer.

--Max