RFR 8164656: krb5 does not retry if TCP connection timeouts

Weijun Wang weijun.wang at oracle.com
Tue Aug 23 16:14:49 UTC 2016

Please review the change at

    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~weijun/8164656/webrev.00/

The old try-catch is only on send/receive, but NetClient.getInstance()
could also timeout for TCP when it calls Socket::connect(dest,timeout).
Therefore move the catch to a higher level.

The test is brand new and it's meant to replace existing BadKdc?.java,
TcpTimeout.java and MaxRetries.java. In fact, I discover this bug when I
am writing it. The new test is much faster because in most cases there
is no real KDC and timeout can be very short. It contains 2 @run and
each spends a little more than half a minute to run on my laptop.

Thanks
Max