RFR 8164533: [TEST_BUG] sun/security/ssl/SSLSocketImpl/CloseSocket.java failed with "Error while cleaning up threads after test"

Xuelei Fan xuelei.fan at oracle.com
Thu Aug 25 01:10:41 UTC 2016

On 8/25/2016 3:55 AM, Artem Smotrakov wrote:
> Hi Svetlana,
>
> Thank you for cleaning up this test. I have a couple of comments (mostly
> about the original test).
>
> 1. I see that the test tries to connect to a server three times, but the
> server accept only first connection, and then it stops. So test cases
> #2-3 fail just because the connection was refused. The original test
> behaves like this. This looks like a bug to me. What do you think?
> Should the server have a loop of three iterations?

I think it's the purpose to test behavior of the close server socket.

> 2. Here is server's code:
>
>   95         @Override
>   96         public void run() {
>   97             try (Socket s = serverSocket.accept()) {
>   98                 System.out.println("Server accepted connection");
>   99                 // wait a bit before closing the socket to give
>  100                 // the client time to send its hello message
>  101                 Thread.currentThread().sleep(100);
>  102                 s.close();
>  103                 System.out.println("Server closed socket, done.");
>  104             } catch (Exception e) {
>  105                 throw new RuntimeException("Problem in test
> execution", e);
>  106             }
>  107         }
>
> Not sure if it is a good assumption to expect that ClientHello is
> received in 100 milliseconds. It might read first data, and then close
> the socket. It also doesn't seem to be necessary to call close() there.

It is not expected to perform handshaking for this test.  Get
connection, and immediately close the socket before handshaking, and
then see what happens in client side (connect/read/write).

I have the same concern that 100 MS may be an issue.  Please consider to
make an improvement.

BTW, please run the test in othervm mode.

Xuelei