RFR 8164533: [TEST_BUG] sun/security/ssl/SSLSocketImpl/CloseSocket.java failed with "Error while cleaning up threads after test"

Xuelei Fan xuelei.fan at oracle.com
Thu Aug 25 05:31:17 UTC 2016

On 8/25/2016 12:31 PM, Artem Smotrakov wrote:
> Those tests which modify default JSSE parameters should be run in othervm mode. But other tests which don't do that can be safely run in agent VM. This test doesn't seem to modify any default JSSE parameter.

If this test get booted, other test that need to do more customization
may not work any more.

For example, boolean variable A is a singleton static field, default is
true.  If A get initialized in default mode, it is "true".  It is not
possible to customize it to "false" any more in other test in
agentvm/samevm mode.

This test has no impact in agentvm/samevm mode unless no test run in
agentvm/samevm mode or all tests run in agentvm/samevm mode has the same
configuration as this one.   This assumption is too strong to follow.

Xuelei