RFR: 8170602: Startup regression due to introduction of lambda in java.io.FilePermissionCollection

Claes Redestad claes.redestad at oracle.com
Thu Dec 1 17:19:31 UTC 2016

On 2016-12-01 18:10, Alan Bateman wrote:
> On 01/12/2016 15:33, Claes Redestad wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> recent changes to FilePermissionCollection to use a lambda in place
>> of an explicit
>> BiFunction cause a quite noticeable startup and footprint regression
>> on small
>> applications due to a bootstrap dependency. Therefore I'd like to
>> revert this
>> particular change.

>> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~redestad/8170602/webrev.01/
> Looks okay but I hope we don't have to do too many of these.

Thanks for the review, Alan.

Hope so too. We've done a lot to improve java.lang.invoke and lambda
bootstrap in 9,
but there are cases like this that are still too costly to have on the
startup path. A few
more improvements to the --generate-jli-classes jlink plugin might
change things...? :-)

Thanks!

/Claes