RFR 8130302: jarsigner and keytool -providerClass needs be re-examined for modules

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Sun Jun 12 18:33:35 UTC 2016

On 12/06/2016 13:44, Wang Weijun wrote:
> I was about to send out a new webrev (CCC just approved) but noticed a behavior change.
>
> Although "-addprovider SUN" is useless it still worked when I posted webrev.03, but now it failed, because ServiceLoader.load(Provider.class) does not contain "SUN" anymore. Maybe it is inside java.base and loaded in a shortcut mode?

"SUN" ,"SunJCE", "SunRsaSign", and "SunJSSE" are built-in, I think
Valerie has code in sun.security.jca.ProviderConfig for this. I don't
recall java.base ever declaring that it `provides` these providers,
except maybe via a META-INF/services configuration file for a short
period from the original JCE work and the dropping the service
configuration files.

-Alan.