Issues with ALPN implementation in JDK 9

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Wed Jun 15 08:15:47 UTC 2016

On 15/06/16 09:11, Simone Bordet wrote:
> Sure, but then every ALPN implementer out there will have their own,
> they will need to be kept up to date when a new TLS protocol or a new
> cipher is introduced in the JDK, etc. etc.

OK, I get that.

The problem I have with reading posts about JDK9 problems is that I
can't tell the *severity* of the problems.  I don't know if something
is a total blocker or an inconvenience.  When someone uses an internal
sun.* class they may be doing something which must be done in order to
get access which would be impossible otherwise.

Andrew.