[9] RFR: 8159501: ShortRSAKey512.java intermittently times out

Artem Smotrakov artem.smotrakov at oracle.com
Fri Jun 17 23:21:39 UTC 2016

Hello,

Please review the patch below for
javax/net/ssl/TLSv12/ShortRSAKey512.java test.

The test has been seen to fail intermittently with a time out. I was not
able to reproduce this failure. The test fails with "Client died ..."
message which occurs in case of exception on client side. But no
exception is printed, so it is not clear why it fails.

The test runs a client in a separate thread, and save an exception on
client side if it occurs. Then, it waits for server to finish before
print an exception on client side. The server waits for a client
connection forever. As a result, the test fails by timeout, and no
exception is printed to output.

The patch updates the test with the following:
- print out exceptions when they occur, and enabled SSL/TLS debug
output, so that we'll have more info if it fails next time
- start new threads as daemons, so that it doesn't need to wait for test
timeout is reached
- use try-with-resources
- removed unnecessary "throw" and "try-catch" blocks

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~asmotrak/8159501/webrev.00/

Artem