RFR: 8154015 Apply algorithm constraints to timestamped code

Sean Mullan sean.mullan at oracle.com
Thu Jun 30 19:00:27 UTC 2016

Just a few comments -

AlgorithmChecker.java:

79     private Date pkixdate = null;
81     private Timestamp jarTimestamp = null;

These can be marked final I think.

150      * {@code AlgorithmConstraints}.

s/AlgorithmConstraints/Timestamp/

153      * path for JAR files from deploy.

Avoid using "from deploy".

s/JAR files from deploy/signed JAR files that are timestamped./

159         this(certPathDefaultConstraints, jarTimestamp.getTimestamp());

This will throw NPE if jarTimestamp is null.

177     public AlgorithmChecker(AlgorithmConstraints constraints, Date
pkixdate) {

I think this should be private. You are only calling it within the
class. Also, the javadoc ctor description needs to be updated a little.
SunJSSE doesn't call this ctor AFAICT.

PKIX.java:

107                 this.params = ((PKIXTimestampParameters)
params).getPKIXBuilderParameters();

Shouldn't this be:

this.params = (PKIXBuilderParameters) params;

201         Timestamp getTimestamp() {

Can you rename this to timestamp() to be consistent with rest of classes
methods that return params.

CertConstraintParameters.java

44     // Timestamp of the JAR file from deploy

s/JAR file from deploy/signed JAR file/

PKIXValidator.java

Since Timestamp is a new supported parameter, can you update the javadoc
of Validator.validate() to describe it?

PKIXTimestampParameters.java

- missing copyright and class description

   30     public PKIXBuilderParameters getPKIXBuilderParameters() {

Do you need this method? See above comment on line 107 of PKIX.java

   44     public void setTimestampTrustAnchors(Set<TrustAnchor> t)

Does anyone call this method? Can it be removed?

--Sean