RFR: JDK-8132942: ServerHandshaker should not throw SSLHandshakeException when CertificateStatus constructor is called with invalid arguments

Xuelei Fan xuelei.fan at oracle.com
Fri Mar 4 10:30:16 UTC 2016

JDK-8132942:

"The current implementation for OCSP stapling has ServerHandshaker
trying to construct a CertificateStatus message, but if the arguments
are invalid it throws SSLHandshakeException."

In your webrev, looks like the exception get ignore before your update.
 I may miss something.  Can you have more details about this point.

On 3/3/2016 12:48 AM, Jamil Nimeh wrote:
> Hello all, this fixes a minor issue with OCSP stapling, where we now do
> the argument checking up-front before attempting to instantiate the
> CertificateStatus handshake message object.
I may miss something. I did not find the update related to this point.
Can you have more details?

> Also I've pulled out the
> OCSP stapling processing from within the clientHello method since it
> already was really long and placed it in its own private method.

The price is there are three more new class variables.  I would try to
avoid it.  Looks like "staplingActive" should not be a class variable, too.

Xuelei