RFR 8051408: JEP 273: DRBG-Based SecureRandom Implementations

Wang Weijun weijun.wang at oracle.com
Tue Mar 22 01:01:40 UTC 2016

> On Mar 21, 2016, at 1:23 PM, Wang Weijun <weijun.wang at oracle.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mar 21, 2016, at 1:15 PM, Wang Weijun <weijun.wang at oracle.com> wrote:
>>
>>    if (ins.getCapability() != NONE) {
>
> Ah, should be
>
>  if (ins.getCapability() != NONE && ins.getCapability() != PR_ONLY) {

Oh, back to

    if (ins.getCapability() != NONE) {

because I just removed PR_ONLY in the webrev.

I was thinking about an existing provider, that claims it supports PR but only implements the old abstract methods, thus no reseed. Thinking again, since it also has not added the constructor with params, it will not be chosen by getInstance(alg,params) and also does not support getParameters(). Therefore it has nothing to do with the Capability class.

--Max