Short AES GCM Tags?

Valerie Peng valerie.peng at oracle.com
Mon Apr 17 20:31:29 UTC 2017

The short tag length is not for general applications and their usage
comes with additional requirements such as length of input data and
lifetime of the key which SunJCE provider does not implement. Thus,
SunJCE provider limits the supported tag length to the 5 values defined
for general-purpose applications.

Regards,
Valerie