[RFR] 8174849: Change SHA1 certpath restrictions - issue with 3rd party JCE provider

Langer, Christoph christoph.langer at sap.com
Fri Jul 14 15:44:03 UTC 2017

Hi Sean(s), Tony,

I have created the bug https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8184673 and posted a change to revert the sigAlgName check. You had indicated that it should be ok to do this for JDK9 and 10 as well, so no behavioral change has to be documented.

If you give the ok, I would push it to JDK10 and I can also do the downport to jdk8u as well as jdk9u once it has opened. All the other backports you'll have to do yourself, e.g. for the Oracle JDKs and/or <8 and the upcoming update releases.

Thanks & Best regards
Christoph