RFR 8181841: A TSA server returns timestamp with precision higher than milliseconds

Michael StJohns mstjohns at comcast.net
Wed Jun 14 01:27:42 UTC 2017

Hi Max -

I think I pushed the wrong button and sent out the wrong email. My
original email had this (limit is 6 digits) comment  in it, but I'd
actually decided not to send it because I couldn't find a definitive source.

X.680 used the phrase "a time of day, to any of the precisions defined
in ISO 8601..."  (clause 42.2 (b) ) and I'd found another reference that
suggested that 6 digits was the maximum "defined" precision.  But I
couldn't find an actual version of 8601 so I wasn't sure if the
reference was reasonably interpreting 8601 so I'd decided not to send.

So what I'm saying is - ignore my email.  Sorry.

Mike