[10] RFR: 8182143: SHA224-based signature algorithms are not enabled for TLSv12 on Windows

Xuelei Fan Xuelei.Fan at Oracle.Com
Fri Jun 16 02:32:24 UTC 2017

Hi Artem,

If the key is generated in MSCAPI, the signature algorithm implemented in other provider cannot be actually used.

BTW, we also need to consider the case that only MSCAPI provider is enabled in practice.

In general, a signature algorithm is not included in the supported list unless all related providers support the signature algorithm.  We're looking for better solution, but not yet have one in hand.

Xuelei