RFR: Update tables in java.base to be HTML5-friendly.

Jonathan Gibbons jonathan.gibbons at oracle.com
Thu May 4 15:27:23 UTC 2017

On 5/3/17 7:49 PM, Martin Buchholz wrote:

> ---
>
> Yes, "striped" is a much better name than "altrows".  "striped-tables"
> as you suggest may be better. Choose your names carefully - we can't
> change them in the future.
>
> ---

Well, we can, ... but ...

A goal of creating specification(s) for the stylesheet(s) provided by
javadoc, for the doclet-generated output, and for the doc-comment
content, is that the specification(s) should be subject to specification
review[1], and not just an impl detail of the javadool tool and/or build
system.

-- Jon

[1]
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/csr-discuss/2017-April/thread.html