RFR: JDK-8178278 Move Standard Algorithm Names document to specs directory

Magnus Ihse Bursie magnus.ihse.bursie at oracle.com
Tue May 9 11:37:50 UTC 2017

On 2017-05-05 17:52, Erik Joelsson wrote:
> What's the reason for adding the conditional around SetupCopyFiles in
> Javadoc.gmk? The SetupCopyFiles macro should be safe to call with an
> empty FILES list. It should evaluate to basically nothing in that case.

I don't think there's an explicit reason. The code evolved that way. The
previous version had a check for $(SPECS_$m), since SetupCopyFiles does
*not* cope with an empty SRC. (Trust me on this ;-))

However, the new foreach will take care of that, so $d will always be
specified. The current pattern also mimicks the call to
SetupProcessMarkdown further down. (Which, I believe, would not handle
an empty value on FILES. Which it perhaps should.)

If nothing else, it would probably save us a few clock cycles. :-)

Do you want me to remove it?

/Magnus