RFR[11] JDK-8206171: Signature#getParameters for RSASSA-PSS throws ProviderException when not initialized

Sean Mullan sean.mullan at oracle.com
Tue Jul 17 20:14:13 UTC 2018

On 7/16/18 9:46 PM, Valerie Peng wrote:
> As for the part about "randomly generated", I am leaning toward not
> having it as I don't see  a value of specifying this.

Hmm, I think it is important to continue to document the case where an
implementation may return default/generated parameters even if it was
not explicitly initialized with any. Maybe we don't need the "randomly
generated" wording, but since that wording has been there for many
releases, I would be hesitant to remove it.

--Sean