Code Review Request: TLS 1.3 Implementation

Xuelei Fan xuelei.fan at oracle.com
Fri Jun 1 05:04:33 UTC 2018

 > http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~xuelei/8196584/webrev-full.00

AlpnExtension.java
------------------
Looks fine to me.

CertificateRequest.java
-----------------------
Looks fine to me.

CertificateStatus.java
----------------------
- 42  * Pack of the CertificateStatus handshake message.
+ 42  * Pack of the CertificateStatus handshake message. [RFC 6066]

May be nice if adding the RFC number that defines this handshake
message.  Otherwise, looks fine to me.

CertificateVerify.java
----------------------
-129  if (x509Credentials == null) {
+129  if (x509Credentials == null ||
              x509Credentials.popPublicKey == null) {
  130      shc.conContext.fatal(Alert.HANDSHAKE_FAILURE,
  131         "No X509 credentials negotiated for CertificateVerify");
  132  }

May be safe to check the x509Credentials.popPublicKey as well.  Similar
to line 357-360, 607-610, 916-919.

-233  if (x509Possession == null) {
+233  if (x509Possession == null ||
               x509Possession.popPrivateKey == null) {
  234      if (SSLLogger.isOn && SSLLogger.isOn("ssl,handshake")) {
  235         SSLLogger.fine(
  236         "No X.509 credentials negotiated for CertificateVerify");
  237      }
  238
  239     return null;
  240  }

May be safe to check the x509Possession.popPrivateKey as well. Similar
to line 458-466, 697-704, 1021-1027.

Otherwise, looks fine to me.

CertStatusExtension.java
  326         private final int encodedLen;

Looks like this field is not used.  Remove it?

  425       if (!responderIds.isEmpty()) {
  426           ridStr = responderIds.toString();
-427
  428      }
One unnecessary blank line.  Otherwise, looks fine to me.

Xuelei