AW: RFR [11] CSR for "Add Brainpool ECC support (RFC 5639)"

Tobias Wagner tobias.wagner at n-design.de
Wed Jun 27 15:48:29 UTC 2018

Hi Valerie and Bernd,
Valerie is right, I tested my JTREG Tests against SoftHSM2 in March:
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/security-dev/2018-March/016863.html
I don't think there are more PKCS#11 related issues, as SunEC is not a PKCS#11 implementation. There are only shared tests.

The JTREG known answer tests use the X9.62 key format as they are used in certificates as well. I assume, brainpool public keys would work in certificates as well.

I actually implemented the support for brainpool curves in TLS as well, but I had no time to provide proper JTREG tests for that, and therefore no patch yet.

Regards, Tobias

--
phone:   +49 221 222896 17
fax:     +49 221 222896 11