Use of OpenSSL as JCE security provider if available on system

coderaptor coderaptor at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 17:14:46 UTC 2019

I may be off-mark here (since I did not go over the mail thread with a
fine comb), but one possible use is to satisfy cases where FIPS 140-2
validated library is a requirement. Currently, there are very few
options in the market (BouncyCastle is FIPS 140-2, RSA BSAFE has
exited), so the ability to use OpenSSL as a JCE provided would be
immensely beneficial.

Thanks.

-ag