[14] RFR 8162628: Migrate cacerts keystore from JKS

Weijun Wang weijun.wang at oracle.com
Wed Aug 14 14:07:39 UTC 2019

The difference will be big. I've simplified the logic into

1. read bytes between first ": " and \r\n as alias
2. read bytes between first \r\n after first "-" and next "-" as a cert
3. goto 1

And I only store the cert bytes and do not create a Certificate until getCertificate() is read. I even haven't de-BASE64 them.

Time spent is still ~2.5x of JKS (when reading from a ByteArrayInputStream).

I guess the major reason is that there is no length field for the cert, so we must read-and-check all the time.

--Max