Java SSLSocketChannel/SSLSelector?

Dean Hiller dhiller at twitter.com
Wed Feb 13 16:26:04 UTC 2019

I forgot about and forgot to mention there is a special backpressure in the
webpieces implementation.

Say A connects through socket to B and B has this webpieces
channelmanager.  Let's say C is the client code of B.  If C does not
consume the data fast enough from A, channelmanager deregisters the socket
to A to PAUSE reading from A until C catches up.  Once C catches up, it
re-registers the socket un-pausing.  This yields a graceful performance
degredation AND it turns out an increase in performance due to less
'jittering' ...a term from the audio world.  It's a very complex topic and
hard to explain the reasons behind it.

Anyways, it was quite an interesting experience.