Status of JDK-8207031

Jeroen Cranendonk j.p.cranendonk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 17:09:39 UTC 2019

Hi!

Thanks for the reply :)

To add comments on the JIRA one needs to be at least an OpenJDK
Contributor I think, which I am not (and which would involve signing
the Oracle Contributor Agreement).
So the mailing list is my only way of communication on the issue I
think, feel free to correct me if I am wrong :)

I think/hope that over the next two weeks we can do an in depth
analysis of the problem, I will know better how high the prio is for
us then.
Right now I'm not sure yet if this is limited to certain
ciphers/protocols, if it's only client,server, or both, and there
might be a new pkcs11 dll which we can use which may or may not
support the CKM_SSL3_PRE_MASTER_KEY_GEN mechanism, which would be a
work around.

I take it you don't know the details of the internal debate? Was it
more whether to fix this, or on which approach to take?

Cheers!

Jeroen Cranendonk
     Java Developer