[12] RFR 8215694: keytool cannot generate RSASSA-PSS certificates

Xue-Lei Fan xuelei.fan at oracle.com
Thu Jan 3 15:27:23 UTC 2019

On 1/3/2019 2:10 AM, Weijun Wang wrote:

>> On Jan 2, 2019, at 11:56 PM, Xue-Lei Fan <xuelei.fan at oracle.com> wrote:
>>
>> sigAlg.equalsIgnoreCase("RSASSA-PSS"):
>> Do you really want to ignore the case?  I used to think that an algorithm name is case sensitive.
>
> getInstance(alg) is always case-insensitive.

Hm, I missed it.

>> Main.java:1445 minor, 4 more indent?
>
> Then it's longer than 80 chars. How about I un-indent lines 1443 and 1444?

maybe, use 4 white spaces?  See also the following comment.

>> AlgorithmId.java:1073-1091:
>> I may prefer to use cached parameters (for both AlgorithmParameters and AlgorithmParameterSpec) for each size, for performance.
>
> OK for AlgorithmParameterSpec. Which AlgorithmParameters do you mean? The one in SignatureUtil?

Yes, replacing SignatureUtil.createAlgorithmParameters().  Then we don't
need to worry about the indents above.

Thanks,
Xuelei

> Thanks,
> Max
>

>> Xuelei
>>

>> On 12/21/2018 1:44 AM, Weijun Wang wrote:
>>> Please take a review at
>>>     https://cr.openjdk.java.net/~weijun/8215694/webrev.00/
>>> This bug reveals several issues:
>>> 1. Encoding of the RSASSA-PSS signature algorithm in PKCS10 and X509CertImpl.
>>> 2. The missing of setParameter() call for PKCS10 and X509CertImpl.
>>> 3. All keytool commands of -genkeypair, -certreq, -gencert, -selfcert are affected.