ManifestDigester fails with a manifest ending in CR

Philipp Kunz philipp.kunz at paratix.ch
Sun Jan 20 21:28:49 UTC 2019

Hi Max,
I started to split the issue because it became too complex for me all
at once, I must admit, hoping being able to cope with it better in
smaller tasks. I fully agree that it is neither serious nor urgent
enough to solve it independently but it would help at least me to keep
the overview better organized.
If you don't object I would suggest another separate bug and patch for
ManifestDigester confusing "Manifest-Main-Attributes individual section
with main attributes, also neither serious nor urgent. This one and
manifest ending in \r would then fall away from JDK-8217375.
I would personally welcome to see the jar signing update
incompatibility JDK-8217375 fixed in JDK 11 because I suggested the
change that introduced the bug there originally but that does not
necessarily require also to backport the \r and the "Manifest-Main-
Attributes"-confusion bugs. By splitting up JDK-8217375 as suggested we
would also get the suitable set of changes to backport.

I'm flattered that you ask for my opinion how to proceed but I cannot
decide this alone. I hope I described one option a bit clearer. It
might be worth two more bugs in jira or would this unnecessarily spoil
it?

Philipp