8217579: TLS_EMPTY_RENEGOTIATION_INFO_SCSV is gone after 8211883

Sean Mullan sean.mullan at oracle.com
Mon Jan 28 21:24:59 UTC 2019

Updated webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mullan/webrevs/8217579/webrev.01/

Comments inline ...

On 1/28/19 2:54 PM, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> Hello Sean,
>
> Maybe you also want to change comment and name of the SUPPORTE_DDEFAULT
> Array to „SUPPORTED_LIMITED“ since Unlimited is now Default?
>
>      private final static String[] ENABLED_DEFAULT
>
> ….
>
>       // supported ciphersuites using default JCE policy jurisdiction files
>
>       // AES/256 unavailable
>
>       private final static String[] SUPPORTED_DEFAULT = {
>
> 230 – remove „Default

Good point. I have renamed the *_UNLIMITED constants to *_DEFAULT and
renamed the *_DEFAULT constants to *_LIMITED.

> Is the test already run with all available policies? With the new System
> property it should be easy to run it with other/vm twice?

Good point. I have changed the test to use the crypto.policy security
property to test the suites with the default and limited policies.

> Is Oracle considering pushing a emergency public update for this?

We are planning to backport it to all affected releases.

> The change Looks otherwise fine (I was first wondering if checking for a
> _SVCS Family makes more sense but I guess that can be done once we have
> more of those ciphers.

Ok, thanks for the review.

--Sean