CSR Review Request JDK-816826, Use server cipher suites preference by default

Sean Mullan sean.mullan at oracle.com
Tue Mar 12 13:05:12 UTC 2019

Looks good, but a couple of comments:

In the Solution section, it says: "Applications can change the behavior
with the existing SSLParameters.setUseCipherSuitesOrder​() method."

I think you should be more clear that this means applications can change
the order of the server's preferred cipher suites. There will be no way
to go back to the previous behavior where the client's order is respected.

Same comment in the proposed Release Note, although I don't think this
section needs to be in the CSR, does it?

--Sean