[15] RFR JDK-8246613: Choose the default SecureRandom algo based on registration ordering

Weijun Wang weijun.wang at oracle.com
Thu Jun 11 06:15:24 UTC 2020

The old code

 265             prng = "SHA1PRNG";
 266             this.secureRandomSpi = new sun.security.provider.SecureRandom();
 267             this.provider = Providers.getSunProvider();

always works since that class is always there.

Now, it's

 282             prngService = Providers.getSunProvider().getService("SecureRandom",
 283                     "SHA1PRNG");

If someone remove that service the above would return null. Can we simply reuse the old lines?

Everything else looks fine.

Thanks,
Max