[RFR] 8166597: Crypto support for the EdDSA Signature Algorithm (JEP 339)

Bradford Wetmore bradford.wetmore at oracle.com
Tue May 12 00:07:20 UTC 2020

Finally found the bottom of the review.  ;)  I'll send you minor nits
(unused imports/etc.) in a separate email.

src/jdk.crypto.ec/share/classes/sun/security/ec/ed/EdDSAOperations.java
----------
136:  Here you are calling sun.security.util.ArrayUtil.reverse() (and
swap()), but you also added a reverse code in EdDSAPublicKeyImpl.java.
I would suggest removing the one in EdDSAPublicKeyImpl and make those
calls call into ArrayUtil.

141:  Wouldn't it be better to use a temporary variable here instead of
2 array reversals?

src/jdk.crypto.ec/share/classes/sun/security/ec/ed/EdDSASignature.java
----------
115-118:  You're calling edKey.getPoint() twice here.

139/150:  indent problem.

test/jdk/sun/security/ec/ed/TestEdDSA.java
362:  Extra //XXX

test/jdk/sun/security/ec/ed/TestEdOps.java
Please put in where you got these test vectors.

206:  Could you put in a quick note here why you're doing this?  i.e. to
avoid draining the system's entropy pool by using a seeded PRNG.

Thanks,

Brad