RFR 8242068: Signed JAR support for RSASSA-PSS and EdDSA

Sean Mullan sean.mullan at oracle.com
Fri May 22 20:44:08 UTC 2020

On 5/22/20 10:30 AM, Weijun Wang wrote:
> Please take a review at
>
>        CSR : https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8245274
>     webrev : http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~weijun/8242068/webrev.00/
>
> Major points in CSR:
>
> - new sigalg "RSASSA-PSS", "EdDSA", "Ed25519" and "Ed448" can be used in jarsigner

In the CSR, it says "In fact, the new -sigalg option values are quite
useless and do not need to specified."

What happens if you specify anything other than the defaults?

In the Supported Algorithms, what does keysize: (empty) mean? Do you
mean "any size" as in the current table for DSA?

> - The ".RSA" and ".EC" block extension types (PKCS #7 SignedData inside a signed JAR) are reused for new signature algorithms

I think the CSR should have the proposed changes to the JAR
specification instead of just saying it will be described. Also, we
never defined the "EC" type, so I think this CSR is a good opportunity
to also fix that and add that extension to the JAR spec.

--Sean