RFR 8242068: Signed JAR support for RSASSA-PSS and EdDSA

Weijun Wang weijun.wang at oracle.com
Sat May 23 01:45:24 UTC 2020

>> In the Supported Algorithms, what does keysize: (empty) mean? Do you mean "any size" as in the current table for DSA?
>
> You can say that (RSASSA-PSS can be any size, EdDSA can be any of those 2 sizes). Of course, it's not unrelated, and I've added "using the same parameters of the key" in the default siglag cells. For EdDSA, it's more precise to say "using the same key size".

I just realized that an RSASSA-PSS key could have no params in its AlgorithmId. In this case, the key size will be used to determine the params of the Signature similar to that of RSA (i.e. 2048 key leads to RSASSA-PSS using SHA-256 as hash and MGF1 algorithms).

I'll find out a way to describe this.

Thanks,
Max