RFR: 8261355: No data buffering in SunPKCS11 Cipher encryption when the underlying mechanism has no padding [v3]

Martin Balao mbalao at openjdk.java.net
Tue Apr 6 18:30:31 UTC 2021

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose a fix for JDK-8261355 [1].
>
> The scheme used for holding data and padding while performing encryption operations is almost the same than the existing one for decryption. The only difference is that encryption does not require a block-sized buffer to be always held because there is no need, upon an update call, to determine which bytes are real output for the caller and which are padding -as it's required for decryption-. I added a couple of comments in implUpdate to explain this.
>
> No regressions observed in jdk/sun/security/pkcs11.
>
> Thanks,
> Martin.-
>
> --
> [1] - https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8261355

Martin Balao has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  Bug fixes and improvements as discussed in the PR

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/2510/files/dd81ec9c..b47c03ed

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=2510&range=02