RFR: 8265462: Handle multiple slots in the NSS Internal Module from SunPKCS11's Secmod

Martin Balao mbalao at openjdk.java.net
Fri Apr 23 19:37:34 UTC 2021

Hi,

Please find in this PR a proposal to fix JDK-8265462 [1].

With this fix, OpenJDK will only use the known slot IDs for the NSS Internal Module. If the NSS Internal Module has more slots (for example, as a result of an initialization sequence such as the one triggered from the libnsssysinit.so library), they will be ignored. The goal is to handle multiple-slots scenarios while keeping OpenJDK's previous behavior.

No regressions observed in the jdk/sun/security/pkcs11 tests category.

A new regression test was not added as part of this changeset because of its complexity. It would depend on a specific NSS configuration, or the NSS library would need to be mocked. I've done manual testing in my environment and JDK-8265462 [1] has further information about it.

Thanks,
Martin.-

--
[1] - https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8265462

Commit messages:
 - 8265462: Handle multiple slots in the NSS Internal Module from SunPKCS11's Secmod

 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=3661&range=00
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/3661/head:pull/3661