RFR: 8264774: Implementation of Foreign Function and Memory API (Incubator)

Paul Sandoz psandoz at openjdk.java.net
Wed Apr 28 00:17:54 UTC 2021

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 17:10:13 GMT, Maurizio Cimadamore <mcimadamore at openjdk.org> wrote:

> This PR contains the API and implementation changes for JEP-412 [1]. A more detailed description of such changes, to avoid repetitions during the review process, is included as a separate comment.
>
> [1] - https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/412

The Java changes are mostly familiar to me, having reviewed many PRs in the Panama repository, hence the lack of specific comments here. I did a pass through the changes and nothing major stood out to me.

The new API changes make it much easy to build APIs around memory segments, exposing and reusing resource scope, acquiring/releasing on resource scope, where necessary.