RFR: 8278099: two sun/security/pkcs11/Signature tests failed with AssertionError

Valerie Peng valeriep at openjdk.java.net
Thu Dec 2 19:34:20 UTC 2021

On Thu, 2 Dec 2021 01:42:58 GMT, Weijun Wang <weijun at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Not a PKCS11 expert, but does a "digest-specific PSS signature mechanism" needs `setParameter` anymore? Or, must it be the same as the existing parameters dictated by the specified digest?

Previously when PSS support is added, the NSS library that we have does not support digest-specific PSS signatures. Now that some machine starts failing due to this assert and passes without this assert, it at least confirms that these digest-specific PSS signature mechanisms still work with the setParameter() call. I will take a closer look at these new mechanisms and see if any changes are needed. Best to remove this assert ASAP for a clean tier 2 result...