RFR: 8268698: Use Objects.check{Index, FromToIndex, FromIndexSize} where possible

David Holmes dholmes at openjdk.java.net
Mon Jul 5 06:32:54 UTC 2021

On Mon, 5 Jul 2021 06:01:23 GMT, Yi Yang <yyang at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Class loading order is different to class initialization order.
>>
>> There are a lot more tests than just tier1. :) I don't expect many, if any, tests to be looking for a specific IOOBE message, and I can't see an easy way to find such tests without running them.  If core-libs folk are okay with this update then I guess we can just handle any test failures if they arise. But I'll run this through our tier 1-3 testing.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> David
>
> @dholmes-ora @AlanBateman @PaulSandoz do you have any comments on the latest version? Thanks.

@kelthuzadx  I did not see any response to my query about the change in initialization (not load) order. I also remain concerned about introducing cross dependencies between core classes (e.g. String now uses Precondition, so does that impact Precondition using String?) But these are things for the core-libs folk to be concerned about, or not.

Cheers,
David