JEP411: Restricting/logging library usages using a SecurityManager

Peter Firmstone peter.firmstone at zeus.net.au
Sun May 9 00:47:37 UTC 2021

Just some references regarding Roel's original argument below:

https://techbeacon.com/security/third-party-libraries-are-one-most-insecure-parts-application

https://debricked.com/blog/2021/01/02/vulnerabilities-in-dependencies/

https://www.tripwire.com/state-of-security/vulnerability-management/managing-security-risk-introduced-by-third-party-libraries/

https://www.infosecurity-magazine.com/opinions/third-party-libraries-the-swiss/

https://auth0.com/blog/third-party-assets-security-risks-management/

It will be interesting to see how OpenJDK plans to develop new ways to
assist developers to mitigate third party library risks.

--
Regards,

Peter Firmstone
0498 286 363