RFR: 8180571: Refactor sun/security/pkcs11 shell tests to plain java tests and fix failures

Fernando Guallini fguallini at openjdk.java.net
Thu May 27 10:31:05 UTC 2021

On Thu, 27 May 2021 09:55:10 GMT, Sibabrata Sahoo <ssahoo at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Refactor the following shell tests to Java:
>> - security/pkcs11/KeyStore/Basic.sh
>> - security/pkcs11/KeyStore/ClientAuth.sh
>> - security/pkcs11/KeyStore/SecretKeysBasic.sh
>> - security/pkcs11/Provider/ConfigQuotedString.sh
>> - security/pkcs11/Provider/Login.sh
>> - security/pkcs11/Config/ReadConfInUTF16Env.sh
>>
>> Currently, most of the shell tests in the list may be ignored during execution time in most platforms since they are incorrectly filtered out by the OS name they are run on. For example, ClientAuth.sh is only run if the OS name is equal to ‘Linux’, but OS name may also include the architecture such as ‘Linux x86_64’. Those platform constraints are removed in this PR.
>>
>> Additionally, further changes are introduced in the following test:
>>
>> - ClientAuth: it was failing intermittently because the server side was binding to the wildcard address. The issue is fixed by binding to loopback address instead. Also, Thread.sleep is replaced with CountdownLatch to facilitate synchronization between client and server. Finally, a new ‘user1’ certificate was generated since the current one has expired.
>>
>> - Basic: Remove redundant X509Certificate casting
>>
>> - SecretKeysBasic: it was already in the problem list since it reproduces the open bug JDK-8209398 and fails. Test is refactored to java and still reproduces the issue.
>>
>> All the mentioned tests were run many times in multiple platforms to ensure stability
>
> test/jdk/sun/security/pkcs11/Config/ReadConfInUTF16Env.java line 25:
>
>> 23:
>> 24: /* @test
>> 25:  * @bug 8187023
>
> Should it have the enhancement bug id too.

My understanding is that we should only include the id of product bugs, no test enhancements. That was a comment somebody added in a previous PR. The reason is that you can track changes in the test file with git history, whereas it is only possible to track the related product bug id by adding it manually to the class header