Updates to JEP 411: Deprecate the Security Manager for Removal

Alex Buckley alex.buckley at oracle.com
Fri May 21 17:23:24 UTC 2021

A further point is that `-Djava.security.manager=allow` has been
special-cased since JDK 12:

- RFE:

- Compatibility review:

- Release note:

https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase/12-relnote-issues.html#JDK-8191053

(I saw that Netbeans has run into trouble under JEP 411 because some
code does not recognize `allow`, and treats it as a class name:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-5703)

Alex